Tuesday 6 March 2012

Moving day


Monday, March 5th, 2012

      Almost forgot again! This is certainly a sing of waning interest in blogging. Most likely cause? I've got a lot of other things going on this time around. I'm still learning to play bluegrass banjo, which is going well enough. There will be videos at some point when I can play through and entire song on camera and not goof up. Additionally, I'm pursuing more spiritual matters, training myself in sensory projection, which is astoundingly easy and interesting for me. Now I've somehow stumbled into the spirit realm and I am exploring journeying, which also seems to come quite easily. It amazes me how thin the veil between the worlds are. All of this while working 10-14 hour days. (not the last few days, but it is what it is).

      The biggest news of the day is that I switched trucks. Instead of waiting for them to fix the ProStar I had sometime around the end of the week, I moved into a Volvo 670. This is a cool model because you can stand up in it, and it has a second bunk to put extra stuff on. I dig on that a lot. The hood looks shorter and closer, and there are extra closets in this truck. The bed is narrower, but that doesn't matter much. I can sit up in the bunk without hitting my head on the upper bunk, so bonus.

      Sometime during the moving process I was standing between the trucks just observing how I felt. I didn't much like doing what I was doing. It is a mini-equivalent of moving your home. I thought about this some more, and the idea of going into another truck after this one did not really appeal to me. The idea of joining yet another company was certainly not on my mind in any favorable light. By most standards, I don't have a lot of stuff, but it still took me the better part of 2 hours to transfer all my belongings and get them arranged in the new truck.

      The simple fact of the matter is that I was becoming comfortable in that truck. The energy was familiar and inertia was setting in. It happens like that sometimes. I can imagine it happening with this job, but I know that it would not last. I really like the idea of being home more.

      Just as a heads up, I believe that my blogging is going to become less regular. I know. Think of the masses. Well, for all 4 people who read this, I'm sure that you all understand. *laugh * I find writing this less compelling at the moment than a multitude of other things, and I know everyone out there has lots of better things to do than read a blog about trucking by a guy they've not seen (for some) in years. To be sure, if something interesting or story worthy happens, I will be posting. In the mean time, I'll continue to find beauty in the ordinary aspects of life, and laughter in the serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment