Monday 12 March 2012

How long has it been?


Monday, March 12, 2012

      Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I seem to have entered purgatory. To be fair, it is greener than I had expected, but the drivers lack courtesy and cognition, failing to see that there is a very large truck on the highway, and he's not moving over for you to get on. Hang up and drive for Christ's sake. At least the weather is warm, for now. It still seems in flux, cooling then warming, much like I expected in purgatory. Enough to be kind of alright, but not steady enough to be comfortable. Neither heaven nor hell. It is Georgia.

      I don't know why, but the sign of “NEWT 2012” roadside campaign signs fills me with dread. Now, I'm not entirely political, or at least much less so than I used to be, but this man is clearly pandering for votes. $2.50 gasoline? Sure, and I'll wave my magic wand and give the bottom 99% a raise. What an odd place.

      On the plus side, spring is arriving here. It is quite comforting to see the fresh yellow-green of new growth. Maybe not so much “new” growth, more like an expanding regeneration of existing life. I've seen butterflies, daffodils, and myriad other flowers already. By far the most captivating for me has been the wild grapes. A soft, delicate purple flower, hanging in clusters against a medium green background. Would that I could pull over and smell the flowers.

      Oh yeah, purgatory. It looks like I'll be running back and forth in the southeast until they see fit to discharge me for my sins, whatever they may be. Generally speaking, I don;t much care for driving down here. I enjoy exploring the different climate, and seeing landscapes I would not normally enjoy. If nothing else, I'm certainly busy now that the weekend has passed. My next load has me going almost all the way down I-75 to the Florida border. What could it possibly be? My guess is dry groceries, but time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment