Saturday 21 January 2012

Resting in peace


Friday, January 20th, 2012

      And on the eighth day, I rested. I looked at my hours and saw that they were good, but could be better. I looked upon my miles, and was satisfied. I went back over my typing since that was sub-par, but hey, I'm no god.

      Having ended the night so late yesterday, it felt really nice to sleep, to sleep well and long. I woke up sometime after 0800, which was nice , to a partly cloudy sky. What stunned me, however, was how familiar the yellow rolling hills of this part of the country were. It was like I'd been here all along at some point. It really makes no sense to me, but I was happy to see the hills.

      Somewhere south of here, those hills are on fire. So bad that they've closed down US 395 south of Reno. Not that this matters to me. I'm getting dead-headed east to Salt Lake City. Home to Mormons and punks I am told. I could have left Sparks today, but I felt that a rest was in order. So I took one. I played some banjo today, took a couple of naps, had my trailer inspected (it was 6 months over due) and ate some salad at the nearby truck stop. All in all a less than eventful day.

      Thank goodness. I feel that some days are meant to be spent relaxing, preferably with a cup of hot cocoa or some iced tea depending on the weather. Today was one of those days. I lounged in my sleeper, looking out of the windshield at the approaching weather. Yeah, I imagine I'll have some snow showers to contend with tomorrow, but it is a small price to pay to relax and heal a bit. In fact, perhaps the most exciting event of the day was playing banjo. It is nice to play as much as you want, with the sole limiting factor being how much your fingers hurt from wearing the picks. I call that a good day. Now, to read a bit and relax some more. Off in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. I so loved talking with you that night, too. Good day to catch up on all sorts of stuff! xo

    ReplyDelete